Re: [squid-users] Unable to compile Squid 3.0 nightly on Cygwin, Win2k

From: Tim McAuley <timonline@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:52:30 +0100 (IST)

> tor 2006-05-11 klockan 10:00 +0100 skrev Tim McAuley:
>
>> The last time I built Squid, I remember I had to manually edit
>> auotconf.h
>> (I think) and define _SQUID_INLINE_ to be inline, otherwise it would not
>> compile. However, now autoconf.h is uneditied, i.e. no options have been
>> defined, which worries me.
>
> Worrying indeed.
>
> There should be quite some defines set in autoconf.h from the configure
> tests.
>
> Is there any errors if you run config.status manually?

Everything looks fine. (see log at the end)

Just before running the compile attempt, I did an update on cygwin, so I
hope that there were no changes from updated utilities that may be causing
problems.

I have noticed one thing though, some of the files in the zip archive had
\lib\cppunit-1.10.0\src\msvc6\testrunner\DynamicWindow files without the
squid-3.0-PRE3-20060510 prefix. I don't know if this should cause an error
or not but I'm trying it again with these files in the right place.

Thanks,

Tim

====

timothy.mccauley@WKDLDT73 /cygdrive/c/libs/squid-3.0-PRE3-20060510
$ ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating scripts/Makefile
config.status: creating scripts/RunCache
config.status: creating scripts/RunAccel
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating src/fs/Makefile
config.status: creating src/repl/Makefile
config.status: creating src/auth/Makefile
config.status: creating contrib/Makefile
config.status: creating snmplib/Makefile
config.status: creating icons/Makefile
config.status: creating errors/Makefile
config.status: creating test-suite/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/LDAP/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/MSNT/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/NCSA/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/PAM/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/SMB/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/mswin_sspi/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/YP/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/getpwnam/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/multi-domain-NTLM/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/basic_auth/SASL/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/digest_auth/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/digest_auth/password/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/digest_auth/ldap/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/ntlm_auth/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/ntlm_auth/fakeauth/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/ntlm_auth/no_check/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/ntlm_auth/SMB/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/ntlm_auth/SMB/smbval/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/ntlm_auth/mswin_sspi/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/negotiate_auth/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/negotiate_auth/mswin_sspi/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/external_acl/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/external_acl/ip_user/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/external_acl/ldap_group/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/external_acl/session/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/external_acl/unix_group/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/external_acl/wbinfo_group/Makefile
config.status: creating helpers/external_acl/mswin_lm_group/Makefile
config.status: creating include/autoconf.h
config.status: include/autoconf.h is unchanged