[squid-users] Re: COSS testers!

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:03:23 +0200 (CEST)

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Is there much interest in me getting COSS to the point where its stable
> and useable? I have no actual idea how COSS will actually perform in
> the real world as I don't actually know of anyone who has used it.

I have used it about 1 year ago, and it crashed quite often. Also, after
restarting, squid crashed almost immediately, leaving the coss cache
corrupted, and it had to be rebuilt completely. It's bug 1296 in Bugzilla.

I switched to aufs shortly after the bug report. Unfortunately, I can't go
back to an experimental storage scheme, my customer wouldn't like to be a
test case....

Joost