[squid-users] Problem with "WWW-Authenticate"

From: <antonio.rodrigues@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:43:06 +0100 (WEST)

Hi,

 I've a problem that puzzles me for some time and I finally decided to
ask for help. We are trying to access a site:

 194.79.66.154/sites/intelligent_cities/default.aspx

 that asks for a username and a password. If in the browser, IE or
Firefox, I define a direct access to the site, no proxy, it works OK, but if I try
using Squid as a proxy it returns:
 "
 You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to
view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied
because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that
the Web server is not configured to accept.

 "

 I try to use a direct access but with no success, in squid.conf:
 "
 acl plim src 194.79.66.154/0.0.0.0
 always_direct allow plim
 "