RE: [squid-users] Squid / ident / dansguardian

From: REMY Julien <julien.remy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:40:18 +0200

Hello

I removed the file msntauth.allowusers. Only the users present in the ACL UtilAutorises Ident are taken into account.

If I go on Internet, that functions but when I stopped the service Ident, I should not authenticate myself. It is always the same problem.

>So, you want those users which are not running an ident service on their
>machines to authenticate manually? Why not denying access at all (and
>therefore force them to run the ident service)?

Because in my company, There are fixed stations and stations as a TSE (terminal Server) which not support Ident.

In dansguardian.conf file :

Usernameidmethodproxyauth = off
Usernameidmethodident = on