Re: [squid-users] Squid and RAID

From: Neil A. Hillard <hillardn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:24:42 +0100

Hi,

Paolo Biancolli wrote:
> I presume the FAQ refers to the cache drives and not the OS drives
> (assuming they are seprate drives)?

Do you really want your OS on a striped partition? That doubles your
chances of losing your OS!

My current server has five spindles - 2 in a RAID1 config for the OS and
3 as JBODs for the cache. If a cache disk dies then I remove the
cache_dir entry for it until the disk is replaced and then reinstate it
(after a squid -z).

I'm not going to worry about the contents of those disks.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk