Re: [squid-users] COSS testers!

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:12:27 +0800

On Thu, May 18, 2006, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> May I know, what kind of problems may I expect when using coss?

Well as far as I can tell its stable and returning the correct object bodies;
it does start chewing a /lot/ of disk write bandwidth very quickly as the
cache fills (as its rewriting the "hits" back to disk as it moves along the
disk writing objects out.)

So its ready for testing and its certainly ready for feedback; but its not
ready to be deployed on very large and busy caches.

I'll be merging it into squid-2.6 in the next few days. It should be ready
for the first squid-2.6 pre-release.

Adrian