Re: [squid-users] Transperent Proxy and Block Ports

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:07:43 +0200

On 22.05.06 10:44, Harish Pokharel wrote:
> I am using a Transperent Proxy using port redirection through iptables and
> I am Unable to block ports. Cant I block ports using a transperent proxy?

Actually, you can, but it's probably useless. With transparent proxy, YOU
decide what traffic (hosts, ports etc) to redirect to the proxy, what to
pass and what to block. So it's useless to redirect the traffic to the proxy
just to block it, unless you want to have customised error pages.

Saving Private Ryan...
Private Ryan exists. Overwrite? (Y/N)