[squid-users] caching compressed documents

From: Bharath Devanathan <bharathd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:26:36 -0700

We have a situation where we store documents in a compressed form on a
particular storage solution. The clients access these documents via http.

We would like to add a cache in front

1) on a cache miss, fetches the document from the original source
2) decompresses it
3) returns the decompressed doc to the client requesting it
4) stores it in the cache uncompressed

Is there a plugin for converting the data from the original source to a
particular format before storing it in the squid cache?
If not, is there a way for me to write such a plugin?

thanks
bharath