[squid-users] A couple authentication questions

From: Jason Gauthier <jgauthier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:14:42 -0400

All,

  I'm trying to troubleshoot a few authentication problems. Firstly,
understand I am running an NTLM setup. All my authentication is
transparent to the user.

That being said, on occasion my browser window pop for authentication.
Canceling the prompt is usually sufficient to proceed. Does anyone know
why this happens?

Second issue. When a user is posting a yahoo email message they receive
a "Cache access denied" and told they need to authenticate themselves.

I'm looking mostly for some troubleshooting steps, as I'm not certain
there is a clear solution to either issue.

Thanks!

Jason