Re: [squid-users] cache storage problem? (squid 3)

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:19:39 +0200

On 23.05.06 12:08, Dan Thomson wrote:
> Whenever I run squid, it seems to run fine until the cache memory
> becomes full. Once this happens, squid slows down to the point of
> becoming unusable.

you probably have cache_mem or cache_dir sizes too big.
check out SQUID FAQ, especially the memory part:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-8.html
and disk cache size recommendation:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.14

> I decided to check the storage manager logs to see what was going on
> when the memory becomes full, and I see a lot of "no valid swapdirs
> for this object" error messages. The occurrence of these error
> messages correlate with a large jump in CPU usage by squid. Is there a
> known reason for this?

what cache_dirs you have configured now?

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.