[squid-users] cache storage problem? (squid 3)

From: Dan Thomson <thomson.dan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:08:44 -0700

Whenever I run squid, it seems to run fine until the cache memory
becomes full. Once this happens, squid slows down to the point of
becoming unusable.

I decided to check the storage manager logs to see what was going on
when the memory becomes full, and I see a lot of "no valid swapdirs
for this object" error messages. The occurrence of these error
messages correlate with a large jump in CPU usage by squid. Is there a
known reason for this?

Thanks.

--
Dan Thomson