[squid-users] Version - Solaris 10

From: Johns Doester <oscutech@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 05:31:09 -0700 (PDT)

I am getting ready to install Solaris 10 on a SunFire
v100 and looked on sunfreeware.com and do not see a
pkg for Solaris 10 but do see a pkg for Solaris 9.

Anyone aware if there are any issues using this
package on Solaris 10.

I am as i stated prevoulsy a newb to Squid and Solaris
abut tneed to protect a Windows IIS server for a
client that insist on using a proxy to do this, go
figure. I would have prefered to use a Linux box
running IP tables or even CP NGX running on SPLAT, but
as I siad they went out and bought this SunFire v100
with talking to me first, on the recommendation of
their CEO. Typical for the Credit Union Industry.

I am a Linux Admin not a Solaris guy and would
appreciate any sample configs or examples on setting
up the Solaris box to accept all traffic for the IIS
web serer and then forward the traffic onto the
Windows IIS machine, and not allow direct connections
to this machine.

Thanks,
razor_ack