Re: [squid-users] Squid + NTLM auth + Windows 2003 AD

From: Luís Fernando C. Talora <talora-listas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:20:23 -0300

We´ve put Squid 2.5.STABLE13 to work on a Fedora 4 box, authenticating
users against a Windows Server 2003 domain controller using NTLM and it
worked just fine! I did´t need to install samba on the Linux box nor use
any other auth helpers than Squid ones. Part of my squid.conf follows:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/lib/squid/ntlm_auth DOMAIN/dc_server_1
DOMAIN/dc_server_2 DOMAIN/dc_server_N
auth_param ntlm children 40
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
auth_param ntlm use_ntlm_negotiate off

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Luis Talora