[squid-users] Query on PURGE behaviour...

From: Michael Loftis <mloftis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 08:33:59 -0600

I've got an inverse proxy setup running with Squid, and I was wondering
what the specific behaviour of PURGE is. In this case we've got a Varying
header based on the browser and accept-encoding due to gzip-ed content, so
my question is does a PURGE for a single URL purge *all* of the variously
cached copies for the various browser+encoding strings? I know it keeps
separate cache entries for each.

I ask because someone might have an answer that'll save me some time
experimenting or digging in code!

TIA!

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler