[squid-users] context data for squid ICAP patched

From: Moshe Beeri <Moshe.B@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:06:33 +0200

Hi all squids,

Background information:

I am implementing an extension to squid ICAP client based upon ICAP
Patch and squid 2.5 STABLE 10.
The squid ICAP client does not support Content Filtering the way we at
PureSight.com using it.
The ICAP protocol is defined to support also Content Filtering and
defines a return value at the request mod stage.
I receive the value that can be one of the following,
ALLOW
BLOCK
UNKNOWN

So far as described by the ICAP protocol (RFC 3507) and implemented by
our ICAP server.
As for squid client I added the ability to identify classification
value,
I would like squid to behave according to that value:
1. In case of UNKNOWN the response should go back to the ICAP server to
be reclassified.
2. In case of BLOCK the ICAP server is changing the URL to retrieve a
blocking information page.
3. In case of ALLOW squid should reply directly to the client with or
without using the cache.

The Question:

I would like to pass the information that no call to response mode (call
the ICAP Server for the response) is needed.
I would like your help with the way squid saves session data, I look at
the code and I could not find that particular object, is there one?
Any suggestion && || direction would be blessed.

The polite part:

Thanks for reading
&&
Participating on that grate project of squid.
&&
Your help

Moshe Beeri.
Software Engineer, Servers Team.