Re: [squid-users] Cache dir filling up - should I increase the size of cache_dir

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:05:20 +0200

yance schrieb:

>Hi all,
>
>My cache dir is set to 5GB, and the mgr:info gives me:

... nothing of interest here.

>Du -h gives me
>/dev/mirror/gm0s1e 10G 4.8G 4.8G 50% /cache

The interesting question is, how did you set the cache replacement water
marks ?
#Default:
# cache_swap_low 90
# cache_swap_high 95
If you leave them at the default values, your cache should grow until it
has reached 4,75 GB in sizes, then deletion will make room until less
than 4,5 GB are in the cache. It will then oscillate between 4,75 and
4,5 GB. With these default values, you cache_dir should never fill up
entirely.

If you want, you can play around with the cache_replacement_policy
parameter, but this makes sense only AFTER your cache has reached the
high water mark.

Hope this helps.
BTW, you did not say which version of squid you are running - and : the
qmail discussion at the bottom of you message was slightly confusing to
me; I assume this has nothing to do with the current thread ?

Yours,
Jakob Curdes