RE: [squid-users] squid+WCCPv2+GRE

From: Shoebottom, Bryan <BShoebottom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 06:51:49 -0400

Please be aware of the security implications of using the ip_wccp
module. Because you can only use one or the other (gre or wccp module)
you will not be able to use GRE and will accept wccp packets from any
host.
I also had intermittent problems with this setup, large POSTs (attaching
a file to hotmail, etc.) wouldn't go through. Changing to a 2.6.9+
kernel and using the wccpv2 patch solved my problems and I've been
running with this configuration for approx 2 months now with no
problems.

Thanks,
 Bryan