[squid-users] Two security questions...

From: Bernard Barton <bfb21@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 19:23:48 -0400

I've been informed by our security department that we have two
vulnerabilities
on a squid reverse proxy I have running. It's running squid-2.5.STABLE3 on
Red Hat AS 4.0. The first issue concerns squid identifying itself on
port 80.
If you telnet to the squid proxy on port 80, then type "get /", squid
returns
the message "Server: squid/2.5.STABLE3 " (See Fig. 1)

Fig. 1
$ telnet 62.245.42.120 80
Trying 62.245.42.120...
Connected to 62.245.42.120.