Re: [squid-users] Authentication Pop-up after Domain Controller restart

From: Scott Jarkoff <jarkolicious@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:30:48 +0900

On 6/6/06, Rodrigo Barros <rbarros@procomp.com.br> wrote:

> I have a Squid 2.5.STABLE14 and a samba-3.0.22 running in my company
> with NTLM authentication, I have almost 1000 users on it today and It's
> running very smothly. We're very satisfied but there's one situation I
> could find an solution yet and I'd like your advise on it.
> Once in a while our Domain Controller has to be restarted and every time
> this happens I have to "Rejoin" samba to the domain and restart samba.
> Is there any way to avoid this from happening?
> I know this is probably a samba question, but I though you guys could
> have some experience on this.

I was wondering if you would mind sharing your samba configuration for
your domain? I ask because while I have Squid running with NTLM
authentication, I am experiencing random authentication popups.

http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg38420.html
explains the problems I am running in to.

Looking for a solution but have not found one yet, so any help would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

--
Scott Jarkoff