Re: [squid-users] Download Limit

From: Tristan Linnenbank <tristan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:38:56 +0200

Why would it still be possible to download a file?

The squid doesn't allow you to make connections to the web when you're
on the blacklist in the case of using ACL's and it redirects to another
page in the case of the redirector.

I have to admit that there are some flaws:
- if you are a few bytes next to the limit, you would be still able to
do just 1 download (but that could be a large file) since you can only
update on the base of requests that are _done_.
- i assume squid in a transparant proxy situation

Moshe Beeri wrote:
> But then a file download will be still posiable,
> Try to do it by controlling it from the router, if your router supports
> QoS.

>>> 192.168.3.12
>>> 192.168.3.13
>>> 192.168.3.14