[squid-users] configuring squid based on groups on FC3

From: ankush grover <ankushsquid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:43:11 +0530

hey friends,

I am using Squid 2.5 on FC3. There are different groups for which I
want to configure squid.

The types of groups in the company are

a) Marketing Executives:
Category Most restrictive
 Limit on download for example no object more than 256 kb is allowed
to be downloaded, no messengers allowed, if possible banning of
sending & receiving of attachments through any webbased mail for
example yahoo,gmail etc, banning of download movies,mpeg or audio
files.

b) Developers:
Category Restrictive
No limit on download means they can download big softwares, no
messegners allowed,if possible banning of sending & receiving of
attachments through any webbased mail for example yahoo,gmail
etc,banning of downloading of movies,mpeg or audio files.

c) Admins
Category Restrictive but less restrictive in comparision to Developers
No limit on download means they can download big softwares, no
messegners allowed, banning of downloading of movies,mpeg or audio
files,banning of downloading of movies,mpeg or audio files.

d) Project Managers
Category Restrictive but less restrictive in comparision to Developers
banning of downloading of movies,mpeg or audio files.

e) Directors:
Category No Restriction
They are allowed to download anything they want to download, watch
anything they want to watch means no restriction.

How do I implement such policies on squid based on groups ? Right now
I am running squid with policy for marketing executives.

Please let me know if you need any inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover