RE: [squid-users] redirect

From: Moshe Beeri <Moshe.B@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:00:20 +0200

Hi Peter.

I checked the redirector source for you, and I have a solution for you.

NOTE: that this solution will work for users how are navigating directly
to your proxy, and not using
Other proxy on the way (since multiple user may come with the same IP,
then you'll have to change
the redirector code to pass X-forward-for)

The second parameter that passed from squid to the redirector is the
client IP address.
Then, if you maintain a hash table for the IP's the passed through your
system, you will be able to do
The following:
If this IP is not in the hash then redirect (change the URL) to your
home page and insert the IP to the hash,
else return the URL as is.

Hope it helps,

Moshe Beeri.