Re: [squid-users] Is there a way to tell squid on certain domains to not proxy for. For example in transparent mode ho

From: Mehdi Sarmadi <msarmadi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:28:48 +0330

Let's see together,
you have configured some redirection, in your firewall(e.g. Using
Netfilter/IPTABLES) or in a router, that should redirect the traffic
with [port 80 and a host outside the LAN] as the destination to the
squid process somewhere in you LAN. So what should happen if we don't
like some website not to get proxied by squid? If a client request for
a website, the traffic(HTTP request) gets to squid, then it couldn't
tell "I don't want it give it to hotmail.com", and squid could do
anything with the request except proxying. I told that example to
show, what you say would be done with your firewall
(Netfilter/IPTABLES) or what ever that redirects the HTTP traffic to
the squid.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Mehdi Sarmadi