[squid-users] the dreaded 'zero sized reply' on RHEL3

From: <tomvo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:12:34 +0200

Hi,

I have an upto date Redhet enterprise linux 3 running the most current
version of squid available (squid-2.5.STABLE3-6.3E.16)

There is one website that will not work with squid, we always get a "zero
sized reply". I had the same problem with older squid versions, and
decided an upgrade might solve the problem, but it did not.

I've read the FAQ and checked all the suggestions (amongst others checking
sysctl.conf for advanced tcp ip settings) but no luck.

The website works fine on all other proxies, such as blue coat and others.

However, there is definitely something weird about this website, it's a
redirect to another url and this destination url is very peculiar:

the site is: www.systemat.be and when you surf to this site, the url
changes to:

http://212.190.223.210/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eTS/Store/en_BE/-/EUR/Storefront-Systemat

Can someone else check please if their squid works with this site ?
we're runing linux kernel 2.4.21-40.EL

Thanks,

tom.

Tom Van Overbeke - ABSI Service Delivery Coordinator
email: tomvo@absi.be
Tel: +32 2 333 40 00 - Fax: +32 2 333 40 60
website: http://www.absi.be