Re: [squid-users] the dreaded 'zero sized reply' on RHEL3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:07:10 +0200

ons 2006-06-21 klockan 11:12 +0200 skrev tomvo@absi.be:
> Hi,
>
> I have an upto date Redhet enterprise linux 3 running the most current
> version of squid available (squid-2.5.STABLE3-6.3E.16)

Current is a matter of definition. 2.5.STABLE3 is a rather old Squid (3+
years)... current version is 2.5.STABLE14.

Support for this patched binary distribution is provided by RedHat.

> There is one website that will not work with squid, we always get a "zero
> sized reply". I had the same problem with older squid versions, and
> decided an upgrade might solve the problem, but it did not.
>
> the site is: www.systemat.be and when you surf to this site, the url
> changes to:
>
> http://212.190.223.210/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eTS/Store/en_BE/-/EUR/Storefront-Systemat
>
> Can someone else check please if their squid works with this site ?

That URL works here.. Squid-2.6.RC1 on Fedora Core 5. No special sysctls
set, no special squid.conf settings either..