Re: [squid-users] can use include syntax in the squid.conf

From: Kinkie <kinkie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:02:24 +0200

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 09:27 +0800, huang mingyou wrote:
> hello,list
> I have manage a Hierarchical squid group.and change the
> squid.conf sometimes.But them squid.conf only have little different.so
> I want lead the changed command in another file ,like squid.conf.local
> ,and I include this file in squid.conf.
> But the squid.conf con't do this, have another good solution .

Squid itself cannot do that, except for specific ACL lists

i.e:
acl foo dstdomain "/path/to/file.acl"

You can resort to a text processor, like cpp (the C language
preprocessor) or m4 (macro interpreter).

I've used both interpreters successfully in time in order to generate
the configs for a series of load-balanced squid servers from a single
master file.

        Kinkie