Re: [squid-users] Re: Help. SQUID very very slow.

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:39:12 +0200

Please keep replies CC'ed to the list. Thanks.

> Thanks. I've found error in my hosts file. It was:
> 192.168.0.20 oper-squid.concordlimo
> I fixed to
> 192.168.0.20 oper-squid.concordlimo.com oper-squid

Did you check what happens if you ping an external host from the squid
machine ? You should have immediate NS resolution; if you experience a
delay before pinging starts you have a name server problem. Common
causes are having a misconfigured name server on top of resolv.conf or
having an internal-only NS before one that doas external lookups. Then
the NS query goest to the wrong server, times out and afterwards is
answered by the NS that does external resolution. Happened to me several
times.

Yours,
Jakob Curdes