Re: [squid-users] Using the FTP Method with Login ID and Password

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <m.c.crockett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 06:46:35 -0700

On 23 Jun 2006, at 07:42 , delloin@free.fr wrote:

> ftp://login:password@ftp_site

I guess I did remember the syntax and leads to a second question. Is
there an escape sequence that allows you to use a password that
contains an "@"?

The password in this instance is the e-mail address that one used to
registered when one open an account. Personally, I would have used
FTP and be done with it. The user was insistent on using a web
browser and the ftp method.

I have Squid-2.5STABLE6 installed. The additional "@" appears to
confuse Squid although its hard to tell what failed from the logs.

>> In the previous millennium, I recall using the FTP method with Squid
>> and passing the user's login ID and password. Yesterday, a user
>> needed to use a login ID and password to retrieve content. I
>> couldn't remember how to do it.

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett@adelphia.net