Re: [squid-users] refresh.c/refreshIsCachable buglet?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:02:19 +0200

tor 2006-06-29 klockan 11:27 +0200 skrev Andreas J. Koenig:

> We think this is a bug. Why should 0 byte replies be less cacheable?

They are not less cacheable, but there is not much use in keeping them
around after expiry for conditional cache validation which is what this
test is about.

A zero sized object with reasonably expiry time (at least 60 seconds
from now) is still cached like anything else cacheable.

> We're now planning to patch our squid to remove this chunk and hope
> this will solve our problems. Are we missing something?

You are welcome to if this helps you, but I think your real problem is
elsewhere (lack of proper expiry information in the responses or
similar).