Re: [squid-users] Re: httpd_accel in Squid 2.6.STABLE1 problem

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:06:24 +0530

peter S wrote:

>I am having trouble with squid config in 2.6 stable1.They have taken out
>httpd_accel_port and httpd_accel_host and replaced them with defaultsite
>http_port and cache_peer originserver options. When I put in the name of my
>server defaultsite http_port and the port that I am using under the cache_peer
>option squid returns an error saying that it doesn't understand the host name or
>port. I had to go back to another version of squid. Does anyone have a squid
>config http accelrater example for 2.6?

Hello Peter,

http accelrater for 2.6 can be done by the following modification in
squid.conf

http_port 80 vhost
cache_peer virtual parent 80 0 noquery originserver
(or)
cahce_peer [backend server IP] parent 80 0 noquery originserver
http_access allow all

Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,
http://squid.visolve.com