Re: [squid-users] status codes meanings..

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:49:42 +0530

Linda W wrote:

> I was trying to track down a problem and got distracted on squid status
> codes. I was curious on how to interpret these. I extracted the status
> codes from each line, sorted, counted and got:
>
> 1 TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS/000
> 955 TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS/200

*TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS -* The client issued a "no-cache" pragma, or
some analogous cache control command along with the request. Thus, the
cache has to refetch the object.

> 6 TCP_MISS/000

*TCP_MISS* -The requested object was not in the cache

> 1 TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT/404

*TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT* - Request for a negatively cached object, e.g. "404
not found", for which the cache believes to know that it is
inaccessible. Also refer to the explainations for /negative_ttl/ in your
/squid.conf/ file.

> 2 TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS/200
> ---

*TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS* - The object was believed to be in the cache, but
could not be accessed.

For more details of squid status codes in:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs#head-2914f3a846d41673d4ae34018142e672b8f258ce

--
Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,