Re: [squid-users] Howto NOT log URLs in access.log

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:25:07 +0530

Michael Ellis wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to configure squid so that it does
>not write the URL to access.log. All I want to know is who was browsing the
>web from which computer and when (date, client ip, and authname). This is to
>comply with personal privacy and information policies and laws.

Hello Mike Ellis,

In squid-2.6, you can customize the access log format by using logformat directive in squid.conf file.

logformat squid %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %Ss/%03Hs %<st %rm %ru %un %Sh/%<A %mt

%ru is Request URL.

If remove the format code (%ru) from the logformat direcive, the requested URL will not write into access.log.

--
Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,