Re: [squid-users] Howto NOT log URLs in access.log

From: <davide.ferrante@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:29:05 +0200

Visolve Squid wrote:

> Michael Ellis wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to configure squid so that
>> it does
>> not write the URL to access.log.
>
> Hello Mike Ellis,
>
> In squid-2.6, you can customize the access log format by using
> logformat directive in squid.conf file.
>
> logformat squid %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %Ss/%03Hs %<st %rm %ru %un %Sh/%<A
> %mt
>
> %ru is Request URL.
>
> If remove the format code (%ru) from the logformat direcive, the
> requested URL will not write into access.log.

Ola, i've read thist post just now and i'm interested about that, 'cause
i've similar situation. Can you explain what does mean the other codes
(%ts, %03tu..... .....), i'm looking for a simple log whith:
Date, Lan-ip, username (i use centralised authentication with ncsa_auth).
Better if i could stamp only the first and the last tcp request, so to
have only two string for each user, when he connected himself and when
he disconnected.
Wat you've proposed is possible only in 2.6 version of squid?I use 2.5
at this time...
I'm real in trouble with italian autorithies, that don't seem to
understand the problem, and change request every time.
Thanks
Davide