[squid-users] caching geoserver

From: Peppo Herney <Peppo.Herney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:14:33 +0200

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out on this:
I have set up a geoserver http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/Home
and I do not want it to generate the same map over and over again, because it consumes a lot of processor time. Therefore I installed squid and everything seems to work fine, except it does not cache anything. It is used in the httpd accelerator mode.
Here is some output:
access.log:
1154016642.734 1328 129.26.149.240 TCP_MISS/200 199354 GET http://129.26.151.234:8080/geoserver/wms? - DIRECT/129.26.151.234 image/png
1154016617.453 1282 129.26.149.240 TCP_MISS/200 199354 GET http://129.26.151.234:8080/geoserver/wms? - DIRECT/129.26.151.234 image/png
store.log:
1154016642.734 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF 5A93FB21763780D7C3786C5BEF849EAD 200 1154016642 -1 -1 image/png -1/199104 GET http://129.26.151.234:8080/geoserver/wms
1154016617.453 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF F3EB0D7BED4F626F1BB4877507AED140 200 1154016617 -1 -1 image/png -1/199104 GET http://129.26.151.234:8080/geoserver/wms?
the next line has a different initial number.
Which header information makes squid cache a request and how does it recognize a later request to be the same?
Is there any configuration I could change?
Thank you for helping me out.

greetings

Peppo