Re: [squid-users] CentOS 4.3 and Squid Version

From: Domingos Parra Novo <domingosnovo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:37:24 -0300

        Hiyas,

Peter Albrecht escreveu:
>> For a long time, "enterprise clients" asked for an enterprise linux
>> (and there where none). RedHat was the first to fix this issue, building
>> an enterprise version of its Linux (called RHEL). By enterprise, they
>
> Well, that is simply not true. I know that many people think Linux = Red Hat
> (or Debian) and do not know much about other distributions. SUSE Linux
> Enterprise Server 7, released in October 2001, has been the first enterprise
> Linux on the market. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 came out in March 2002. I
> just want to mention that, so no flame wars please. :-)

        Heh, my bad. I wasn't aware of the release dates, and at that time, had
the PR people (from RedHat) saying they where the first. Gotta learn to
never trust statements from any PR guy around. ;-)

        By the way, I suffered from the same problem (linux == redhat linux).
Conectiva always had the karma of being a RedHat clone, even not
"gleaning" from RH a single spec or package for years. Yes, we even
reinvented the whell sometimes. :)

> Regards,
>
> Peter

Regards,