RE: [squid-users] Controlling Spam

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 00:01:54 +0200

tis 2006-08-01 klockan 21:44 +0000 skrev Gregory EID:

> When a client sends outgoing email using port 80 bypassing our SMTP server
> (using port 25) the IP address that recipients see is our Shorewall and we
> are concerned that anti-spam databases will blacklist our Shorewall IP,
> which will block our entire network.

you can's send mail via the proxy unless it's a webmail server (in which
case the origin is most often the webmail service), or the proxy is
misconfigured allowing access to port 25 and there is a client
explicitly designed to abuse misconfigured HTTP proxies for sending
mail.

> What we need is a means to trace an email sent from our network back to the
> sender and we wish to know if Squid can do that one way or another, a log
> file, another application that 'plugs' into Squid.

access.log show all requests sent via squid, from where to where, time,
etc..