RE: [squid-users] Controlling Spam

From: Gregory EID <greg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 22:14:20 -0000

Very indecent mail servers indeed! Someone on our network is sending 419
scam emails and that could land us in trouble if we don't do something about
it soon. We block port 25 on our firewall so people must use our SMTP mail
server for outgoing email. I got an alert from Spamcop but could not find
anything on our mail server log file so I suspect that the sender is
connecting directly to an external email server on port 80. I will take a
look at the Squid log file access.log maybe it will shed some light on this
:)

Greg