[squid-users] Squid inactive but pid file exist

From: Antonello PAPA <anto.papa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:34:34 +0200

Plese help!
I'm usig FC4 and Squid 2.5STABLE9. I can't start squid. The squid.out say:
"no running Copy".
If I do "ps aux | grep squid" I don't find any squid pid.
The GUI for starting the services say: "squid inactive but pid file exist"
If I remove the pid file the GUI sai: "squid inactive but subsys locked"
Them if I restart squid from the GUI I get only one pid file and I think
there should be two. But it doesn't work.
It appens when I was using a configuration with some errors usig ntlm_auth.
It appens again and I don't know what to do. The first time I reinstalled
all linux box.
thanks
Antonello