[squid-users] squid -> squidGuard: Redirect_children best practice?

From: Dave Mullen <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:32:18 -0400

Hey folks,

I'm finding people with different opinions talking about the redirect_children
option from within squid.

One is to set it to something like 5, so that you have plenty of ability to
answer ( like apache? ) and the second is to limit squidGuard children to have
an equal amount of processes as CPU's in the box.

I've got a company with ~500 employees that this will be blocking with a
fairly large blacklist. My big concern to this is time from post to proxy.
With multiple processes starting it seems to dramatically build the time up it
needs to get to full start.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
-Dave