Re: [squid-users] Accelerator Question

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 21:48:51 +0530

Pablo García wrote:

> Hi, I was running a Squid in accelerator mode, for a bunch of web
> sites I own.
> The setup was very basic : Client ---Internet--- Squid --Local Lan--
> Web servers
> the squid decides wich web server to access for the content based on
> /etc/hosts
> so, my settings in the squid.conf were :
>
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
>
> Now, I changed to Squid 2.6 Stable 2, and since the configuration
> changes for this scenario I'm not sure how to configure it right.
> Is this the right configuration option ?
> "http_port 80 vhost vport"
> or is this other ?
> "http_port 80 transparent"

Hello Pablo,

Transparent Proxy setup for squid-2.6Stable 2 can be done by using the
following configuration directive in squid.conf file.

    "http_port 3128 transparent"

Reverse proxy setup can be done by using the following directives

    http_port 80 vhost
    cache_peer virtual parent xxxx 0 no-query originserver

xxxx-Server listen port

--
Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,