Re: [squid-users] Squid-2.6.STABLE2: "Not our vary marker object"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 19:57:39 +0200

fre 2006-08-04 klockan 09:02 -0700 skrev m.c.crockett@adelphia.net:

> 2006/08/04 08:09:59| storeLocateVary: Not our vary marker object,
> 575BCD87CBA91ABA3A8E45C504D1F55B =
> 'http://stb.msn.com/i/8A/24BC8A51321CAF6CCA6C4DBD4F9.gif',
> 'accept-encoding'/'-'
>

> What is the significance of this message? Does it simply mean that
> there is another web proxy in the path that didn't preserve the
> original Vary data?

It says something strange happened with Vary on that object. It's more
of an internal debug message undicating an unexpected turn of things,
but harmless otherwise (falls back on cache miss). Should not be seen
frequently.

If you see the message frequently please file a bug report as it may
indicate there is still some corner case in the Vary processing.