Re: [squid-users] Squid-2.6.STABLE2: HTTP, ICP, and Siblings

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 19:50:27 +0200

fre 2006-08-04 klockan 07:28 -0700 skrev Merton Campbell Crockett:

> After upgrading to Squid-2.6, I noticed warning messages about
> possible loops. In each of the messages, the HTTP client was
> identified as the other Squid server.

Make sure the unique_host_name is unique on each cache. Also it's often
a good idea to not do peering on requests received from siblings..

for each sibling
acl name_of_sibling src ip.of.sibling
cache_peer_access name.of.sibling deny name_of_sibling

> I was under the impression
> that ICP was used to query siblings for cached web content and to
> transfer that content to the requesting server.

It uses both. ICP to find which peer is worth querying, then HTTP to
transfer the object.