Re: [squid-users] squid -> squidGuard: Redirect_children best practice?

From: Brian Gregory <brian.gregory05@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:42:45 +0100

Dave Mullen wrote:
> I did play around with that squidGuard -C all command before. I ran into an
> issue where it would finish and shutdown all the squidGuard processes when it
> completed, or so I was led to believe in the log. I'm sure it was some odd
> timing issue where I had multiple processes starting before it actually
> completed.
>
> How does one schedule that? The -C all command, do you run that before squid
> starts as a differeint init script? Also, if you have them prebuilt, how do
> you 'rebuild' them again and not take down all the squidGuard proccesses?

Sorry for delay replying.

Once you've done a "squidGuard -C all" once you should find that squid
and squidguard start very quickly and you will be able to configure for
many squidguard processes (I use 10 but you may need more) and squid
will probably still start and/or restart quickly enough that loss of
service is not a problem.

When you change your blacklists etc you just do "squidGuard -C all" and
then runs without interfering with the running squid and then when it
has finished "-C"ing do "squid -k reconfigure" to restart squid with the
new blacklists.

--
Brian Gregory.
brian.gregory05@btconnect.com