RE: [squid-users] place squid before or after firewall

From: Gary W. Smith <gary@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 08:11:01 -0700

We have ours behind so the squid server gets the protection of the
firewall. We then use the firewall for transparent proxing of requests.
That is, we don't let anything go out port 80 unless the request is from
squid server. All traffic destined for port 80 is then redirected to
the squid server/port.