Re: [squid-users] acceleration mode question

From: Matthew Shoemaker <matthew.shoemaker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:55:12 -0700

Ok, here is an update and I wonder if anyone could help me understand
this. I tracked the problem I was having down to my use of
mod_deflate with apache. If I have squid trying to cache the
compressed content from the web server I get what looks like a cached
copy of each page for each browser version that accesses it. If I
turn compression off I get one cached page for all users with all
browsers. I then set an apache proxy with compression on my squid
server on port 80, it sends all requests right to squid on port 8080,
and squid then grabs the requests on a miss from the web server. By
doing this, squid again works as expected by feeding one cached copy
to all users with various versions of browsers. The downside to this
is only that the cache is now populated with the full size of the
webpage instead of its compressed version. Not that big of a deal,
but ideally if possible I would like to have the compressed pages
cached, and the same page fed to all users. Any suggestions??

Thanks very much for any info.
Matthew