[squid-users] General Questions From a Newbie

From: beno <zope@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:00:30 -0400

I'm using pound in front of squid. Squid is used solely for one instance
of Zope that listens on port 7080.
I'm confused as to whether these two sets of directives are compatible
or compete:
SET #1
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_host localhost
httpd_accel_port 7080

SET #2
cache_peer parentcache.foo.com parent 3128 0 no-query default
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
never_direct allow all

Also, in reading the docs, I noticed mention of "anonymous www" and
found the concept intriguing. However, the provided link didn't help
lead me to s/w I could employ, nor was I able to come across anything
googling. Any ideas on open source projects that offer this protection?