Re: [squid-users] General Questions From a Newbie

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:43:32 +0200

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 14:00 -0400, beno wrote:
> I'm using pound in front of squid. Squid is used solely for one instance
> of Zope that listens on port 7080.
> I'm confused as to whether these two sets of directives are compatible
> or compete:
> SET #1
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_host localhost
> httpd_accel_port 7080

You can only have one httpd_accel_host at the same time. And how this is
done have been redone completely in 2.6..

> SET #2
> cache_peer parentcache.foo.com parent 3128 0 no-query default
> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> never_direct allow all

Works fine in combination with the above.

The first only tells Squid how to receive the request.

The second is a request routing instruction telling it that received
requests should be routed to another proxy.

In 2.6 you have additional powers in the request routing, being able to
not only route requests to proxies but also web servers.