Re: [squid-users] 'file' won't cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:46:43 +0200

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 12:04 -0600, Mark Gibson wrote:

> If I perform a request one after another, the request still isn't
> cached. However, if I change 's-maxage' to 60 seconds, it does get
> cached. The requests I'm making to see if caching takes place are
> within seconds of each other.

Squid by default regards objects which can not be refreshed (no cache
validator, i.e. Last-Modified) and expiring withing 60 seconds as
worthless to cache.

You can tune this with the minimum_expiry_time directive.

Alternatively have your program emit a meaningful Last-Modified header
making Squid think that the object can be validated for freshness.