Re: [squid-users] cachemgr_ wrapping_perl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:53:35 +0200

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 23:07 -0700, lopl wrote:
> Hi
> I need to fetch data (in detail) from cachemgr.cgi and put into
> administration web UI.
> It's good if with perl.
>
> is there a good script for this action?

The data is available using http, requesting URLs on the form

   cache_object://squid-cache:port/action

where action is one of the cachemgr actions. To get a list of actions
leave it blank.

Note: squidclient has a shortcut for such urls using the mgr:action
syntax.

You can also call cachemgr.cgi from your script. It's just a CGI script,
so you only need to set the proper CGI variables (mainly QUERY_STRING I
think, maybe REQUEST_METHOD as well) to have the program do what you
want.