Re: [squid-users] epoll on slackware linux 10, 10.1, 10.2

From: Gonzalo Arana <gonzalo.arana@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:08:32 -0300

On 8/10/06, Marco Berizzi <pupilla@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Gonzalo Arana wrote:
>
> >>root@Mimosa:/usr/src/linux-2.6.17.8# grep -ir CONFIG_EPOLL .config
> >>CONFIG_EPOLL=y
> >>

> >This may sound silly, but is it the actual kernel running?
>
> Yes it is the running kernel. However CONFIG_EPOLL=y
> cannot be even changed from 'make menuconfig'

I believe It can:
make menuconfig / General setup /
Configure standard kernel features / 'Enable event poll'

> >try
> >zgrep CONFIG_EPOLL /proc/config.gz
>
> Sorry, I haven't this file.

Having 'Enable .config support' & 'Enable access to .config through
/proc/config.gz' is not a bad idea. You avoid human error (on seeing
the wrong /boot/config file).

Shifting back to the original issue, I have to insist that errno = 38
(Function not implemented) means an unimplemented syscall, so your
kernel does not have support for this syscall while your libc do. If
you don't have libc support for epoll, you get a link error (like you
have in Slack 10.0).

Regards,

--
Gonzalo A. Arana